Oh yellow… you are a bit like Goldie Hawn to me. Sometimes you are the coolest thing to have in my wardrobe and other times you are the embarrassing auntie who has forgotten to wear her underwear – again. At the moment, yellow is IN – it is cool! But, it is a hard colour to manage, especially for someone like me who wears A LOT of black…
Firstly, some rules…
1) There is a shade of yellow for everyone. The palest shade of lemon to the mustard shades, find the one that suits you best.
2) I tend to wear yellow in Spring and Summer, such a fresh bright colours! I am going to look at punching out some yellow in Autumn and Winter this year – just watch!
3) Try not to wear yellow with black… You don’t want to look like a bee! I have included an outfit that has these colours in it, but it is a guide of how much yellow to wear with black.
4) Yellow with denim and blues are a match made in heaven. So fresh and crisp….
5) Wearing bright colours really does lift your mood – so do try to inject some yellow into your outifts on those days when you are not feeling so chipper.
All the outfits have a ‘Keep Calm & Carry On’ theme going on.
Can you find one in each?
Keep Calm & Wear Yellow – Blazer & Denim
Keep Calm & Wear Yellow – Yellow Jeans with a Denim Blazer
Keep Calm & Wear Yellow – Busy Bees
Keep Calm & Wear Yellow – A Periwinkle Blue Dress with Yellow Accessories
Keep Calm & Wear Yellow – Leather Jacket and Yellow Stripes
Now, this post is about yellow, but this season, it is all about neon, so feel free to suppliment yellow for lime green or orange… Have fun with it!
You can now find my outfits on Polyvore – and you can follow me there! Yay – ANOTHER thing for me to be completely hooked on! Find me there as – bbeingcool