I am currently about to start on Day 7 of The Organised Housewife 20 Day Challenge. I am the kind of girl who needs a challenge to do … well… pretty much anything. I have to make a sport out of anything.
I have been telling myself for the last little while that my house is in great order considering I have three
marauding delightful children. But, after starting this challenge, I have realised that I have not been doing NEARLY enough to keep my house looking and feeling good.
Here are 15 Things I have discovered over the last week:
1. That my house has been in terrible state for quite a while
2. That I have not been spending nearly enough time keeping my house in order
3. That although I am clean, I am not naturally tidy
4. That organising an area of the house feels so good
5. That an organised house is soooo much quicker to clean
6. That knowing my house is clean and tidy means I am more comfortable inviting people over
7. That to be organised means spending a bit of time, creativity and money to get something that works
8. That an uncluttered, organised house is really FREEING
9. That when I am finished, a whole heap of my brain will be free from the dreaded ‘Shoulds’ in regards to cleaning
10. That I am teaching my children how to be more organised
11. That my children are playing with their toys more because things are organised
12. That my husband is totally impressed by the ‘before’ and ‘after’ results
13. That I used to waste a LOT of time on anything but cleaning
14. That to keep my house in an organised state is going to take time and dedication
15. For a house to be a home, it needs to be clean, fresh, organised and attractive
This challenge has come just at the right time for me, I needed to get the ‘Spring Cleaning’ done and I am loving seeing my house return to being a comfortable lovely little home. A funny thing is happening to me during this process though… the more my house is in order, the more I am wanting to get my LIFE in order again! I am off the dentist and my lovely skin doctor, I have started exercising again and am taking better care of my nails. I am feeling all inspired to get back to BEING COOL not just muddling my way through my weeks.